- The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program’s Entrepreneur stream is a three-stage process:
- Expression of interest
- Invitation to submit application
The expression of interest must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
- Minimum net worth of $500,000 legally acquired.
- Minimum of three years of entrepreneurial or relevant management experience.
- Investment of at least $300,000 in Regina or Saskatoon, or $200,000 is any other Saskatchewan area.
Candidates enter a pool where they receive a score. The top scoring candidates are invited to submit an application.
Applications must include:
- Business Establishment Plan confirming figures in expression of interest, and including at least one third ownership of a company in Saskatchewan, unless investment is $1 million or higher.
- Commitment to be active in day-to-day management of business.
- Creation of two or more jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents if the business is located in Regina or Saskatoon.
One of two streams geared towards individuals with experience in farming who wish to purchase and operate a farm in Saskatchewan. The main criteria are:
- Net worth of $500,000 CAD;
- Deposit of $75,000 with the province, refundable upon meeting the terms of a performance agreement with the province;
- Exploratory visit to Saskatchewan prior to the application;
- Documented farm operation knowledge and experience.
Young Farmer Stream
As the title indicates, this stream is aimed at young individuals capable of operating a farm in the province. The requirements to apply are:
- Minimum net worth of $300,000 CAD;
- Under the age of 40 at the time of application;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in farm ownership, management or practical farming;
- Make a viable proposal for a commercial farming opportunity in Saskatchewan with a reasonable expectation of profit;
- Have other marketable skills that will supplement a farming income;
- Conduct an exploratory visit prior to the application;
- Invest a minimum of $150,000 CAD into a farming operation in Saskatchewan;
- Make a $75,000 refundable deposit with the Province.